Need Money for College?
Download our How to Pay for College Booklet.
Your first step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. The FAFSA provides access to over $150 billion in grants, loans and work-study funds from the federal government.
Don’t worry if you think you aren’t eligible to receive federal aid, you should still fill out the application to see what you qualify for.
Need help completing the FAFSA? Email FAFSA@hawaii.edu and a FAFSA specialist will help answer your questions.
WATCH OUR 2020 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION NIGHT WEBINAR
Learn More About Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Information Nights Hawai‘i Presentation Webinar Recording 2021-22 Award Year
- Financial Aid Information Nights Hawai‘i Presentation Slides 2021-22 Award Year
- Get Help Paying for College
- Types of Federal Student Aid
- 12 Myths About the FAFSA Form and Financial Aid
- Register for an FSA ID
- Helpful Federal Student Aid Information
- What to know about grants for college, USA Today
- Understanding College Costs Chart
- College Cost Calculator
- Understanding Financial Aid Award Letters
- What Families Need to Know to Compare Financial Aid Packages
- The Basics on Grants and Scholarships for College
- University of Hawaiʻi, local and national scholarships
- University of Hawaiʻi Financial Aid Services
- 7 Things You Need Before You Fill Out the 2019–20 FAFSA
- Complete your FAFSA
- Parent’s Guide to Filling out the FAFSA
- Get Educated, How to Fill out the FAFSA
- #FormYourFuture FAFSA Resources
- Five Things to Do After Completing the FAFSA
- What to do if I’m selected for verification?
- How much PELL do I qualify for?
The Hawaiʻi Promise Scholarship Program is a need-based scholarship program designed to make college affordable to all qualified Hawaiʻi students. The program provides financial assistance to help meet the direct educational costs of University of Hawaiʻi (UH) Community College students who are enrolled at least half time in an eligible academic program. The “last dollar” scholarship is based on FAFSA-determined criteria and is applied after all other grants and scholarships have been awarded. It helps fill the financial gap for the direct educational costs of qualified students. Students may be eligible up to the amount of the total cost of UH direct costs including tuition, fees, books, supplies and a standard transportation allowance. Click here to find out more about the Hawaiʻi Promise Scholarship.
Other Local Scholarships
Contact Info for UH Financial Aid Offices
Hawaiʻi Community College
Phone: (808) 934-2712
Honolulu Community College
Phone: (808) 845-9116
Kapiʻolani Community College
Phone: (808) 734-9537
Kauaʻi Community College
Phone: (808) 245-8360
Leeward Community College
Phone: (808) 455-0607
Phone: (808) 932-7449
UH Maui College
Phone: (808) 984-3277
UH West Oʻahu
Phone: (808) 689-2900
Windward Community College
Phone: (808) 235-7449